Villa Le Barone is within easy reach of Firenze (29km), Siena (33km), San Gimignano (40km) and Volterra (64 km). Nearby lie historic and picturesque villages such as Panzano or Greve in Chianti which are well worth visiting for their traditional atmosphere, architecture and crafts. For guests wishing to stay off the beaten track we have a list of suggestions for exploring the lesser-known parts of Chianti.
Villa le Barone may also arrange tours of various cities and their museums. We also select exhibitions, concerts and traditional events not to be missed. Tickets can be purchased by us on request.
ACCESS - The hotel’s GPS coordinates are: Long. 11° 18' 53/Lat. 43° 32' 05
Distances from major nearby cities are as follows:
- Florence/Firenze: 29 km
- Sienna/Siena: 33 km
- Pisa: 90 km
- Rome/Roma: 260 km
Florence Airport, Pisa, Rome. Arrangements can be made to meet guests directly at the airport.
From the North: Autostrada A1, coming from Milano, Bologna, Pisa:
1. Exit "Firenze Impruneta"
2. Superstrada Siena
3. After 4 km, exit Greve in Chianti,
4. Follow the road following signs Greve in Chianti .
5. Go straight through Greve in Chianti (you are on the SS222)
6. Follow the SS 222 to Panzano in Chianti .
7. Arriving on the square in Panzano, take, on the left, direction indicated “Villa Le Barone”, go straight and follow the indications “Villa le Barone”.
From the South: Autostrada A1, coming from Rome:
1. Exit "Incisa"
2. Continue to Figline Valdarno
3. In Figline Valdarno, turn right and follow direction Greve in Chianti
4. In Greve, turn left towards Panzano
5. Arriving in Panzano, take direction “Villa Le Barone” on the left. Turn right at the 2nd crossroads.