The Castle of Monterinaldi is situated between Panzano and Radda in Chianti, in the heart of the oldest historical area of the Chianti Classico. As regards the history of this ancient place, a document written in December 1010, refers to “Count Gottifredo Gottizio, of Lombardic descent and Lord of Monterinaldi.” The castle stood until 1268, when the Sienese, following the victory of the battle of Montaperti, destroyed its boundary walls, the main tower and the three house of the castle. Due to the last destruction during the World War II, only a part of it is still standing surrounded by some ancient houses. The castle of Monterinaldi is at present the center of the homonymous farm whose wine-making activity is based at the La Pesanella, not far from the castle. The Agricola Monterinaldi, property of the Ciampi family since 1961, is one of the most modern farms in the wine testing sector.